Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thaksgiving, everyone

Howdy,
Yuk-yuk, ole Tim here at the rescue mission having one heck of a Thanksgiving dinner. They set up a computer and some free long distance phones for us to say hi to relatives and friends here. Well, since I didn't have no one to shout out to I thought I'd check in. Been on the street a while now, balder and grayer, lost a few teeth and worn around the edges, but ole Tim's hanging in there. I miss chatting and joking with the boys but now life's more about survival. I hope y'all are having a fine and dandy time and enjoying your warm homes, it'll be cold tonight. God bless and keep them homefires burning. I don't know the next time I'll get a chance to say hi, if not so long, you boys are princes.

Tim

3 comments:

  1. Why Timothy, I had wished I saw this earlier. I had no idea things were so bad. I hope you see this as I am now a fellow New Yorker, maybe I can help your situation. Please call me at(212) 662-3343 and take care, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn Sachs-Hewitt RNDecember 29, 2010 at 11:17 PM

    Hello, I volunteer at the rescue mission and Tim did not come in for Christmas dinner. I am kind of worried about him. He is such a wonderful and talented man it's a shame his drinking made him fall to where he is today. If any of you know anything, please post it here. On cold nights he was sleeping at the St. Barnabas overflow shelter but no one there has seen him since December 9th. I am very worried as it has been below zero now at night for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete