Friday, February 25, 2011

A sad day at the Job Lot

Howdy folks, ole Tim here. Been busy working and spending time with my sweet lady-friend. When the weather gets nicer we're gonna take a little weekend getaway. Anyhow, the Job Lot where I been working seems to be a den of kindred spirits. Most of my co-workers seem to be in my same boat, a bunch of washed up misfits and knuckleheads looking for a new lease on life. One gal, Mary's an empty nester who lost her husband and seems to struggle through her lonely days. My heart goes out to her. Then there's Lou. Lou was an old Navy man like myself and that gave us some kinship. Swappin' tales of encounters with Marines who, well, if ya ever been in the Navy you know how them Marines treat us. Well, Lou had throat cancer. Lou also didn't like going to the docs and well, just last night I found out he's no longer with us. Take care of my shipmate, Oh Lord. Lou you just try and keep on keepin' on. Boy, could I really use a drink.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment