Monday, June 15, 2009

Looking for a good book.

Howdy folks,
Ole Tim here is on the prowl for a good book, not The Good Book, no I have a few Bibles including one that is hollowed out and holds a whiskey flask. That one sure comes in handy when you got to make it through a long prayer service. Nope, I need a good book to read this summer, actually several, as I'm going to be lifeguarding at the local pool this summer and well it gets mighty dull sitting up in that tall chair. Yes, Todd Fellows the gent that regularly lifeguards the pool for the YMCA broke his legs in a skiing accident this winter, so they asked me to fill in since I already head a wood shop class on Thursday afternoons. I sure hope Besty Addlebury goes under, giving her mouth to mouth would be a wet dream come true. Yuk, yuk. You get it wet as in fantasizing about an attractive lady, a little course for me I know, and wet as in swimming pool. Brillant I have to write that one down and tell it at the next lodge meeting. On second thought, not a good idea as Besty's husband will be there, yuk, yuk! Oh I kill myself, should of been a comedian!

2 comments:

  1. One time on the schoolbus as alad I found a book on the bust on the first day of school,called on the run.I wrote all kinds of wierd sht in it and left it on the bus on the last day of school.Also I found a book in the trash called2'00 insults for all occasions.this one came in real handy over the years.And i recently spied an agatha christie mystery novel at a highway rest stop.so the answer is, you don't need to find a good book. The book will find you.
    P.S. say hi to Terry Bleed for me at the YMCA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You scare me man. Do you mean Terri Jones?

    ReplyDelete