Saturday, September 12, 2009

The happiest time in my life.

Howdy pardners, Childhood is typically not a good memory for myself. I hardly knew my dad and I inherited my drinking from my mom who was as they would now say an abusive parent. If not for Peggy, my big sis' and Uncle Sam's Navy I don't think I'd be around today. There was one happy time back then and a birthday gift I recently got from Peggy and Ken and the kids brought this cloudy memory back. They gave ole Tim a video disk set of the television series Wanted Dead Or Alive starring Steve McQueen as old west bounty hunter, Josh Randall. Easilly my favorite television program of all time.
Look at him with his cool pistolized Winchester rifle. I'm not much of a TV watcher these days and a down own a video disk player, but the thought was nice. Anyhow, when I was but a wee boy for some reason I had to stay with my Grandmother for awhile, this was before I was in school. I think it was summer as I don't recolect it being cold and I know it was very far away but don't know exactly where. It could of been local or out of state to tell you the truth I don't even remember my Grandma's name. But that's not surprising with all the chemicals I injested over the years. While I was there I remember watching a lot of TV, it was black and white and it was pretty much westerns. I had said before I don't like western movies too much but these old TV shows were dfferent and pretty fun and my favorite was Wanted Dead Or Alive. It wasn't first run I know but in re runs. I also fondly remember grilled cheese sandwiches and a scary looking blue and white glass owl that I smashed on the sidewalk. After awhile my Grandma died and I was sent back to my mom. I asked my big sis' Peggy about this and she says we didn't have a Grandma and it was probably a foster mother because when I was 4 and she was 8 our mom was really drunk and threw Peggy down the stairs and broke her collar bone. Mom was locked in a mental hospital for a year and Peggy lived with her girl friend from school's family. She doesn't know where I was for that year. I don't know who that old lady was, but to me she will always be my Grandma and I'm sorry for breaking your owl statue but it scared the bejesus out of me.

2 comments:

  1. Dude the picture wont load.You remind me of someone who would be on Mister Rogers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Them varmints snatched my picture. Mr. Rogers was a decent stand up kind of fella, he was a great role model for young children. I bet he had demons, though, everyone does. Heck, I got my drinking and it's pretty hard to get through the day without impure thoughts. Jesus made us all strong but sometimes booze and ladies are stronger.

    ReplyDelete