Sunday, September 20, 2009

Howdy pardners

Hoo-boy I'm more beat than a dead dog. Muscles I didn't even know I had are sore. In other words, man I'm gosh darned tired. Just sittin' here over the garage sipping some diet Dr. Pepper and munching on some Hot Pockets (brand names, I gotta capitalize them kids. Registed trademarks, ya know). Ken Jr. my nephew owns a carpet installin' buisness an he got a big contract to replace all the carpet at this motel (he says I can't say the name). Well it's a big job, he's a strong young buck at 25 but he needs a little help. He got 2 guys that work or him every so often but it's still a BIG job. His dad Ken Sr. (the ole bro-in-law) is a cripple in a wheelchair so he can't help. So when the chips are down who do they call to the plate, your pal Tim. Been laying carpet all week, 14 hours a day. Ole boy Tim's a laying rug and he's purdy good at it too, only screwed up like 300 square feet, not much. Got some money in my pocket, but they say I can't spend her on no booze. Ah heck! What should I buy? I got me 200 smackeroos. My little apartment's comming along, I installed the electric baseboards and wired them up. When our backs stop a aching me and Ken Jr. gonna put up some insulation and hang some drywall. It's gettin' pretty nippy at night now with them cool breezes comin in off the lake. We're in for a cold winter, yes siree Pop.
I'll hook up witcha down the trail,
Tim

1 comment: